This fall, Agile and Lean professionals in the KC area have several events that are bringing in national talent! There is something for all skill levels, both those new to agile or those who have been practicing for awhile. So, check out the following events and find the ones that are right for where you are on your agile journey.
Agilehood KC has done a tremendous job bringing such high caliber agile and lean resources to the area!
- The Kansas City PMI chapter is hosting its annual Professional Development Days on September 19th and 20th. Several agile-related presentations as well as ones focusing on interpersonal skills and personal development are scheduled. Visit the KC PMI Chapter website for more information and to register.
- Collaboration Essentials for Project Portfolio Management & Agile Teams on September 21st and 22nd. Join Luke Hohmann, creator of Conteneo (formerly called Innovation Games®), as he takes you through an interactive workshop designed to teach you how to successfully collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders. You may choose to attend one or both days of this session, depending on your schedule and budget. (If you are interested in hosting this, please email us!)
- The Agile Manager, offered through the Agile Coaching Institute, will be held September 28-29 in Kansas City. This course is geared to give middle managers the awareness and know-how needed to create organizational environments that allow an Agile team to truly grow and prosper.You’ll come out of this class being able to answer the following question: What do agile teams need in order to not just be great agile teams, but to catalyze real organizational agility? (http://agilecoachinginstitute.com/class-schedule/)
- The Agile Facilitator, offered through the Agile Coaching Institute, will be held October 20-21 in Kansas City. This course, geared toward experienced Agilists who wish to dramatically increase their facilitation skills, will focus on professional facilitation skills and techniques as applied specifically within the Agile context. (http://agilecoachinginstitute.com/class-schedule/)
- DevOps Days KC will be held October 20-12 at Musical Theater Heritage. With more than 500 members in the local DevOps Meetup group, this conference will draw an elite group. Come and enjoy excellent presentations from local and international experts as well as the famous hallway track.
- Lean Agile KC is back by popular demand. If you missed last year’s event, plan to attend this year on November 9th to hear presentations on Lean, Agile, DevOps, Lean UX, and more. (2016.leanagilekc.com)
Blueshift Innovation is also leading (or co-leading) several classes accessible from the KC market in the fall!
- Agile Fundamentals, a two-day class offered through Centriq Training on November 1 and 2, is geared to all roles on a team (developer, architect. BA, tester, manager, and project manager) regardless of experience with agile. All class participants will leave the course understanding key agile concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, progressive elaboration, and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. This course prepares participants for the ICP (ICAgile Certified Professional) credential.
- Agile Fundamentals, will also be co-taught with Kay Harper Consulting in December, stay tuned!
- Agile Project Management, a two-day class offered through Centriq Training on January 23 and 24, 2017, explores the differences between traditional and agile project management, providing strategies and techniques to help make the transition to a more servant leadership type role. Using a variety of hands-on exercises, participants will practice the techniques discussed. Additionally, participants will learn more about basic agile concepts such as adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery. This course prepares participants for the ICP-APM (ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Project Management) credential.
Although not in KC, some of us are traveling to support this excellent event in St. Louis!
- Agile Coaches Camp will be in St. Louis October 12-14 for a three-day Open Space Conference. The focus will be on values, principles and practices supporting agile software development as well as its supporting information technology and business activities. (It’s not KC, but it is a short drive away!)