Spring is almost here and Royals baseball isn’t the only thing to be excited about!! There are several upcoming events in the KC Agile community. There’s something for everyone, from beginner to expert and we can’t wait to see you at one or more of these events!
- Kansas City Women in Technology is bringing an exciting lineup of speakers in celebration of International Women’s Day. All technology enthusiasts are welcome to attend this FREE event! March TechTalk : WTM x KCWiT is being held at SMG in the Crossroads District on March 15. Register Here
- Agile Fundamentals. This two-day class offered through Centriq Training is geared to all roles on a team (developer, architect. BA, tester, manager, and project manager) regardless of experience with agile. All class participants will leave the course understanding key agile concepts such as adaptive planning, value-driven development, progressive elaboration, and frequent feedback for continuous improvement. This course prepares participants for the ICP (ICAgile Certified Professional) credential. March 16 & 17 and July 10 & 11 Register Here
- DevOps Handbook Book Club – Join us to discuss The DevOps Handbook by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, & John Willis. Delve deeper into the Three Ways that we learned about in The Phoenix Project — Flow, Feedback, and Continual Learning / Experimentation. Explore considerations for your DevOps journey. It is not required that you read the book prior to attending this session, but it is highly recommended! Target audience: Agile practioners, Development, Operations, Agile Managers. April 14. Register Here
- Agile Project Management, a two-day class offered through Centriq Training on January 23 and 24, 2017, explores the differences between traditional and agile project management, providing strategies and techniques to help make the transition to a more servant leadership type role. Using a variety of hands-on exercises, participants will practice the techniques discussed. Additionally, participants will learn more about basic agile concepts such as adaptive planning, customer collaboration, and value-driven delivery. This course prepares participants for the ICP-APM (ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Project Management) credential. June 4-5 More information here
- Innovation Games: Check back for details about another visit from Luke Hohmann, creator of Innovation Games and the Conteneo Weave platform! This will likely be in 2Q.